Thursday 26 May 2011

University of Chester anthology

I was pleased to have two poems published in the University of Chester's 'Still Life' anthology.

I receive my complementary copy from the Sheriff
I attended the launch event last week and was among those who gave a reading. It was great to hear some of the other entries to the University's bi-annual poetry competition and to see new and familiar faces. I had a good chat over a pint with one of the poets and his wife in the Bear and Billet afterwards.

You can find out more about the anthology and the prize-winning poems here.

I didn't win a prize, but hey, one of my entries is mentioned on the blurb on the back-cover and snippets were read at the prize-giving ceremony last year. Next year in Jerusalem eh?

Some of the poets
You can order copies from the University's website but as one of the contributing authors, I can get them at a discount. Let me know if you'd like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment