Tuesday 16 August 2011

New blog - Coracle Communications

Steering a steady course
A while ago now, I changed the name of my freelance business to 'Coracle Communications'.

'Candwr Marketing' was a poetic name but very difficult for non-Welsh speakers to pronounce. I'm not a Welsh speaker, either ('I do speak Wenglish when I'm nor speakin' the Queen's English, like ...'). I still wanted something that sounded Welsh and as coracle is one of the few Welsh loan-words in the English language it sounded appropriate. It also has that sense of something hand-crafted, bespoke and which requires skill to steer. And, as a freelancer, it seemed appropriate to refer to a one-man vessel.

So there's an object lesson in branding and communications! Don't use Welsh words that nobody else can pronounce ...

I've now created a separate blog for Coracle. You can find it here.

If you're interested in what I'm up to and how I can help with any marketing and communication projects, then please use the Coracle site.

For everything else ... continue to visit this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment